Museum quality Dugong skulls, Manatees skulls, Sea Cow skulls.
Sirenia is an order of fully aquatic, herbivorous mammals that inhabit rivers, estuaries, coastal marine waters, swamps, and marine wetlands. The order evolved during the Eocene epoch, more than 50 million years ago. Sirenians, including manatees and the Dugong, have major aquatic adaptations: forelimbs have modified into arms used for steering, the tail has modified into a paddle used for propulsion, hind limbs (legs) are but two small remnant bones floating deep in the muscle. They appear fat, but are fusiform, hydrodynamic, and highly muscular. Their skulls are highly modified for taking breaths of air at the water's surface and dentition is greatly reduced. The skeletal bones of both the manatee and dugong are very dense which helps to neutralize the buoyancy of their blubber.
10 Reasons You will Love Dinosaur Corporation
- We've served OVER 50,000 satisfied customers!
- We have over 2,500 educational dinosaur items.
- We use 128-bit SSL security for secure transactions.
- Our site is tested and certified daily to be safe and secure.
- We offer Toll-free customer support 1-800-970-1128
- Orders are shipped within 24 hours from our warehouse.
- Choose from UPS Ground, 2-3 Days USPS and Next Day Air delivery.
- Free dinosaur card with gift messaging
- We ship orders to anywhere in the world including military APO's & FPO's!
- We are a professional, family-run business, committed to providing our customers with top-notch products, service, and shopping experience.